Skip to main content

Heritage Hill

Hello everyone! What are you all up too? School has already started so my Mom took me in a Field to Heritage Hill in Green Bay on Tuesday. We wanted to go to the school house but we missed the first class and had to wait for the second. We went to the fire station for the bucket brigade instead.

  
                         
This is the fire wagon they used in 1872.

                                       This is the fire station and the guy who set up the bucket brigade. For a bucket brigade he set up some flags that were used as the fire. Someone would fill a bucket with water and hand it to the person next to them and so on till it reached the fire and the empty bucket was handed back down the line. 
Then we went to the farm house where I got to....
....card wool......

.....and wash laundry!
Then we went to the barn. Then I scraped the bark off of pieces of wood. After that I went and did the egg race.  I had to run to some barrels turn around and come back without dropping my egg. If I dropped it I had to start all over.
Then we went and did exercises. 
This was the guy who taught us the exercises. (don't you just love his costume?!)
I never knew that these guns could be so HEAVY!
They had a quill pen and an ink pot and a sand shaker.
Then I got to play some games!

Then I listened to some dulcimer music.
We went to the blacksmith shop where he made a curly S hook.
Finally time for school!
It was really neat to get to do school like they would have back then.
I just couldn't resist the goats they were soo cute! (But a little greedy... they just stayed in the shed half the day eating hay)
The Church was so pretty.
Selfie time!
                                  Then we went to the Cheese Factory.


And last but not least the scarecrows.

All in all it was a fun trip.  Later (at like midnight!!) my Mom left to pick up my Dad and Grandpa from the airport. Well hope you enjoyed.  See you later!
-Becca
                                  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Cream Party

                                                   Elise is 15!! Here are a few pics of her ice cream party!                                                 Taking a quick pic before Kara had to leave for work.                                                        And another one before dessert!                                                                 Elise ❤❤                                                "Best friends are flowers in the garden of life."                                                         And the judging begins!                                                             Judge Seth The winners were: 1st place: Elise and Rebecca: Ultimate Turtle. 2nd place: Isaac and Nathaly: Winner Sundae. 3rd place: JJ (I forgot what his was called...…) Seth made medals with a huge one for first place and a smaller second place and a teeny-tiny third place. Happy Birthday Elise! I hope you have a great day!  -Becca

I miss you

I really do miss you but I know that you are in a better place,  And you can finally see,  And if you can see my dog right now would you tell him hi for me,  But I know that I love you and you love me. I miss the way you laughed at your own jokes, The way you made the fire crackle,  And how your voice went wild when you told a story, But I know that you are watching from above, And I know that you are smiling down at me, I really do miss you Papaw. I can't wait till I can see you again, And I know that you are probably running all over the place, Smiling as we try to become great, Like I said I really do miss you. I wish you could be with us this Father's day Papaw. But since you can't I thought you would like this. You were always telling us to sing a song for you and Mamaw. Please tell Buster I said hi. I miss you                                                                Love, Becca

Pocahontas

Hello All, Yes it's that time of year again. School Time. In case you don't know every week, (until school is over) I will be posting a book report about what I am reading in school. So let's get started!                                                                                 POCAHONTAS  Four hundred years ago, on Chesapeake Bay Virginia, there lived a courageous girl named Pocahontas. She was the favorite daughter of Chief Powhatan. Even when she was little she wanted to explore. "The Brothers" were going on a trip to spy on the white people, who had just landed on Chesapeake Bay. Pocahontas had hidden in the bottom of their canoe, covered by a blanket with a little bag filled with popcorn and berries. When "The Brother's" found her they were very angry and took her back to her Father, Chief Powhatan. Her punishment was that she could not eat or be spoken to until "The Brothers" return. One day when she was playing "hide-f